Hi. Still alive. Apparently, that wee re-commitment to the blog didn't stick, so I'm thinking to try again.
What have we been up to? Hmmm.....recap, in no particular order:
- An attempt to be involved in the 365 project on Flickr for both WB and myself, which was great and fun, but seems well and truly dead now. I did try, I did. Sadly, I'm just not organized enough to manage all the daily tasks of this new mom paradigm, plus work, plus DAILY self-portraits of both of us. I'm thinking I'd like to try to do a weekly version of this, but will miss the crew in my current Flickr group, thus cementing my conviction that it's not WHAT you do, but with whom you do it. Inertia. It's what's for dinner. Flickr albums here and here if anyone is interested.
- Some knitting. Not much, given the craziness of the schedule we currently keep and the amount of both house maintenance and 'homework', but some. Typically I get to knit on Monday nights at knit night and anything else is icing. I do have a handful of small FO's and I'd like to get shots of those soon and get them posted, for the record. Oh, wait, here's one thing for which I DO have a photo:
Details here, such as they are.
- I got hit by a bus. Not kidding. Those details are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/obsessiondujour/2571906788/in/set-72157604360064848/
I'm only just now getting all the MBTA stuff cleared up, and will hopefully be replacing the (completely totalled) scooter very, very soon. Like....in the next week or so, if at all possible.
- WB turned a year old. It's surreal. Of course, being this behind on the posting, now he's 14 months old and starting to talk. Er, I should say....he's starting to talk actual English words. He's been carrying on conversations for months, only...well...sadly, we don't speak "babbleese." What with the walking at 10 1/2 months and the talking, I feel like he's going to head off to college any day now.
- July was the month o' whooping cough at Chez Obsession. Despite having been vaccinated, WB came down with it, and let me tell you: it sucks. It was a month of sick + recuperation, and now it's taken us another month (AFTER the cough went away) to get back to that place where he is a) completely well (he seemed extra susceptible to minor colds for a while after the WC), and b) sleeping through the night again. Only...now he's decided that he likes to get up at 5:00 am every morning instead of 5:40 am. Me no likee this new schedule, but damned if I'm not getting TONS more done at work by simply getting in 45 minutes earlier. 'Tis a good thing too, since on-going employment is a good thing, and busy-season is a-coming.
- WB and I went 'a-vistin'. We got to hang with some of our favorite peeps, and B got to take his first plane ride. Wheeee!
- WB had his first trip to the beach:
How about you? Whatcha been up to?